The City of Belleville encourages winterizing your home to save on your natural gas heating bill.
With colder temperatures on the way, the City of Belleville encourages its natural gas customers to take some simple, low cost steps now to winterize their homes to save money on their heating bill by reducing their natural gas usage.
Even with natural gas commodity prices relativly low, winterizing your home can still save customers money on your natural gas bill this winter.
The City of Belleville encourages homeowners to consider implementing some of the low cost measures below:
- -Inspect windows and dorrs for drafts and apply or replace caulk to insulate and repair cracks in walls and around doors and window;
- -Set your thermostat to the lowest comfortable temperature and dress in layers. Lower it a few degrees before leaving the house or going to bed. If possible, use a programmable thermostat to automatically control your home’s temperature;
- -Seal leaks in furnace ducts;
- -Remember to change or clean air filters monthly;
- -Keep window blinds, shades and draperies open during the day to allow sunlight to warm your home. Close them at night for added insulation;
- -Set ceiling fans to run clockwise, drawing air up and keeping warm air circulating;
- -Lower your natural gas water heater to 115 or 120 degrees;
The Low Home Energy Assistance Program may be available to help customers that are struggling paying their heating bill. To inquire where to apply for LIHEAP funding, call (866) 674-6327 or e-mail email@example.com. As your local public utility, the City of Belleville strives to provide the best customer service possible while providing clean, efficient and reliable natural gas in the most economical way possible.Share post